Following yesterday’s announcements by the government, please find below an update for parents.
Week commencing 4th January:
– Monday – Holiday
– Tuesday is an INSET day, so school is closed to all students;
– Remote learning commences on Wednesday for Year 11 students only;
– From Wednesday, school is open to the children of key workers and vulnerable students only from 9am – 3pm. Lunch will be provided and we expect uniform to be worn. Emails have been sent to parents before the break who have previously been identified as a key worker. If you haven’t already, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a key worker and need to send your child into school. Please could you also provide evidence of being a key worker (eg photograph of your staff ID);
– Children entitled to Free School Meals who are not in school will be able to request food parcels via the school website https://www.shevingtonhigh.org.uk/free-school-meals/as the voucher system will not continue. More details will follow next week.
Week commencing 11th January:
– Year 11 return to school for face-to-face education;
– Years 7 – 10 commence remote learning at home;
Key worker children & vulerable students can continue to attend school 9am – 3pm;
Week commencing 18th January:
– All students return to school.
You will probably be aware that the government is expecting us to conduct the lateral flow tests at school. There is a huge amount of planning required for us to fulfil this requirement. Further details will follow next week including details of the relevant consent information.