Starting today, Mrs C Williams our careers adviser will be conducting individual guidance interviews with all of Year 8, in advance of their GCSE options. These will normally take place on Mondays and Wednesdays over the course of this term.
Each child will have different needs and concerns, but it is an opportunity for them to
- understand the difference between partial and impartial advice
- make the link between GCSEs and future pathways and opportunities
- understand the importance of good grades to keeping future options open
- correct misconceptions related to subjects and careers
- get a reality check regarding various careers
- receive or be directed to resources and further information
- begin to learn how to take control of their career development.
If you have any questions or queries about this process then please do get in touch with either Miss L Williams or our Careers Adviser Mrs C Williams.