Covid Home Testing
- PLEASE TEST YOUR CHILDREN ON SUNDAY EVENING/MONDAY MORNING AND WEDNESDAY EVENING/THURSDAY MORNING BEFORE SCHOOL.
- LOG YOUR TEST RESULT WITH THE NHS AND SCHOOL (www.testregister.co.uk)
- Just enter your school registered PARENT email address and you will be send a login link via email.
- IF THE LATERAL FLOW TEST IS POSITIVE YOU MUST:
- IF THE LATERAL FLOW TEST IS NEGATIVE
IF SCHOOL IS NOTIFIED OF A POSITIVE RESULT. CLOSE CONTACTS WILL BE INFORMED.
THIS MAY RESULT IN A YEAR GROUP BUBBLE ISOLATING TO SAVE LIVES AND PREVENT THE SPREAD OF INFECTION.
All students will be issued with home testing kits for twice weekly home testing.
Each test kit contains 3 individual tests and we have provided students with 2 packs each: a total of 6 tests. Additional tests will be provided and issued via form.
The testing packs provide students with enough resources to take twice weekly testing until and through the Easter break.
One test should be taken on Sunday 18 April evening or before the returning to school on Monday 19 April.
Ideally, we would ask that students stick with the same testing schedule each week.
A copy of the detailed letter issued to parents is available HERE.
- Inform School – Parents and carers will also need to notify the school of each test result on www.testregister.co.uk enter your email address (the same that you have provided to school), click on ‘Register Test’ and click the link in your email. You can also follow the instructions on the letter issued to students. If you cannot access the site please email school.
- Test results must be recorded using the NHS track and trace website and each test kit will contain a helpful step by step guide providing further information on how to record results. https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
If the result if positive
What to do if you receive a POSITIVE case:-
- Report the positive LFT result to school immediately & the household should isolate.
- Book a PCR test for the person who has tested positive
- If the PCR test result comes back POSITIVE, continue with the isolation for the 10-day period, from the date of the original LFT result.
- If the PCR test result is negative, contact school but continue to isolate.
- School will contact Public Health England for advice, as in most cases, the PCR test exceeds the LFT result and therefore in most cases, students MAY be able to return to school along with their ‘close contacts’. School will contact parents to inform them of this.
PARENTS/CARERS DO NOT NEED TO RING SCHOOL TO INFORM THEM OF A NEGATIVE RESULT! (parents/carers can just complete the ‘Weekly Recording Form’
Student Guidance For Self Testing
See below for a helpful step by step testing guide and a Youtube video demonstrating how to take the LDF test at home