Year 11 Leavers 2023
We would like to invite you and parent/carers to return to Shevington High School on Wednesday 24th January to collect their GCSE certificates.
Having reviewed our previous year’s events, the feedback from many students has been that whilst they want to celebrate the receipt of their certificates, the most important part of the evening is having the opportunity to return to their old school, to see their friends and peers, have an opportunity to talk to them and also to speak with their teachers if possible.
In order to make all of the above possible, we are making this evening a more informal event this year where there will be more opportunities for conversations. We will, of course, provide opportunities for students to be photographed with their certificates. In recent years, we have found many students do not want to be photographed with the entire audience watching them, so this year, there will be an opportunity to do this in a more discrete way so that the memory of the event can be preserved if you wish.
- The event will start from 6pm
- From 6pm- 6.15pm students and parents can arrive and will be able to collect their certificates and enjoy a catch up with friends and staff members.
- At 6.15pm, there will be a short headteacher’s presentation.
- From 6.30pm – 7.00pm, students will be able to collect their certificates (if they had not done this earlier), pose for a photograph with their certificates and continue to mark the moment with their friends and family.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
We hope that everyone will enjoy this event.
If your child is unable to attend, and you wish to collect GCSE certificates at another time, please contact school and arrangements can be made to do this. Pupils are required to sign on receipt of their certificates, so if they are being collected by a parent or guardian, then a signed letter of permission needs to be presented.