School is now closed to the majority of students until further notice.
A copy of the letter issued to parents on the 20th March is available here
Home School Working
At the current time we have provided the following support for distance learning. If you have any learning related queries please email school firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be passed to the relevant member of staff. Please ensure you include your name, class and contact details.
Given the short notice of the closure we have had to produce a mixture of learning packs and online resources. We understand there will be lots of questions regarding the current work provided, but we ask parents to spread the resources over the next 2 weeks until Easter.
Over the next few days we will be reviewing the systems and communication for home learning and will update parents as soon as we can.
Google have created a home schooling portal which may be of interest available here
Google Classroom for student with access to a device and internet.
All students will have access to resources uploaded to Google. All students have been given an account which can be accessed from the school website as follows:
If a student forgets their password please email email@example.com
Google Classroom guide
Submitting Work – Google based e.g. Docs, Sheets etc
Submitting Work – Microsoft based attachments
Students without access to a device
Learning packs have been issued to students without access to a device or the internet.
- School will be open for parents to collect pupils work books Monday 23rd – Wednesday 25th March 10.00am – 12-00pm
- Home learning packs for pupils without internet access and PCs will be sent home with pupils on Friday 20th For pupils who are absent these are available to be collected Monday 23rd March – Wednesday 25th March 10.00am-12.00pm
Our pastoral team are now assigned to casework with identified students. If you have a safeguarding concern please contact school via firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Free School Meals
The Government have put in place a National Voucher Scheme for families with children eligible for a free school meal. School will be issuing vouchers to those families throughout the closure period.
If we do not have an up to date email for you please email email@example.com
Further guidance from school is available here https://www.shevingtonhigh.org.uk/free-school-meal-vouchers/
Key / Critical Work Families Only
Any students with Key Workers have been contacted already and arrangements are in place for those students to attend school:
- Monday 23rd March (or first day arranged with school) please report to the main reception at normal school start time. 8.45am
- Please contact the school via telephone or email if your child is ill and needs to be off school as per normal absence procedures
- Full School Uniform required
- Please ensure you lunch accounts are topped for purchasing food from the canteen or bring a packed lunch
- School Stationary and school workbooks they will need for lessons although they will be mainly working on Google classroom.
- More information will be shared on Monday to pupils on how the days will work
- School finish time 3.00pm
Support for parents and families
Government guidance for parents regarding the coronavirus is available here
Some sources of financial support are available here