If you or your family have any of the symptoms listed below you must stay at home and arrange a test as soon as possible.
- New continuous cough and / or
- Fever (temperature of 37.8 or higher)
- Loss of or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If you have symptoms you must:
- Stay at home. – Ensure child/staff does not attend school – Follow the Governments Stay at home guidance for isolation advice for child/staff and their households
- INFORM SCHOOL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THAT YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS AND ARE ARRANGING A TEST
- Arrange Testing (speedier result if you use local test site via Wigan Council)
- Initiate absence: 10 days for child/staff with symptoms, 14 days for rest of household
- If the test is negative you must inform school and return to school. If the test is positive inform school and follow NHS guidance
- Share test result with school
More detailed information is available here:
Useful videos / information to support conversations about how your child can help keep themselves and others safe.
As a school we wanted to share with you some of the official guidance and videos that you can use to support your conversations with things your child can do to help keep themselves and others safe: