What if my child develops symptoms?
If your child develops symptoms at any time (including a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; or a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste) they must immediately self-isolate and book a PCR test by calling 119 or visiting https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
Covid Home Testing
It is important that you record your child’s test results (both negative or positive) on the NHS Test and Trace website each time a test is taken.It is also vital that you record the result on the school portal which can be found here: www.testregister.co.uk Please contact school via [email protected].uk if you have any issues.
- Your child should self isolate immediately.
- Get a PCR test to confirm the result – call 119 or visit https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
- Continue to self isolate until you get the result of the PCR test, follow the advice you are given when you get the result and inform the school.
Contacts – Self isolation
Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and any of the following apply:
- they are fully vaccinated
- they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months
- they have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
- they are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
Instead, they will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace, informed they have been in close contact with a positive case and advised to take a PCR test. We would encourage all individuals to take a PCR test if advised to do so.
Children and young people aged under 18 years 6 months who usually attend school, and have been identified as a close contact, should continue to attend school as normal.
Should you have any further questions regarding student home testing or need support from the school, please contact us on:
Student Guidance For Self Testing
See below for a helpful step by step testing guide and a Youtube video demonstrating how to take the LDF test at home