Shevington High School Operate a 1:1 Chromebook Scheme for Students giving families the option to lease/purchase a device from school. Watch the video below to find out how we use Google and Chromebooks for Learning.
The portal for purchasing a Chromebook is now closed.
If you have recently ordered Edde will be in touch regarding estimated delivery dates in due course.
To log in to your account visit https://shevington.parentportal.biz/
If you have previously purchased a device please find below useful information.
– A simple guide to opening up the school managed device for the first time: QUICK START GUIDE
– The FAQ guide shared at the launch – FAQ
Chromebook Top Tips
- Keep your device in it’s case. It will protect it if you accidently drop it and keeps your insurance valid.
- Charge your device before you bring it to school.
- Personalise your label. Make sure you can recognise your device. Make sure you have your name visible.
- Try to use it mainly for your school work.
- Look after your device as you would with your mobile
- Make it last. If you look after your device it should last for several years.
- Keep your passwords safe.
- Please ensure the device is kept in the case for insurance purposes. The device should be fully charged before being brought into school.
- If you have a warranty/fault or insurance claim contact Edde via:
- Google Classroom/Teaching issues should be directed to your child’s Head of Year/Form Tutor/Class Teacher
- Login issues please log via the online reporting form https://tinyurl.com/shevcbooklogin
Restrictions – Options
The Chromebook that has been provided will initially be added to the school domain and set up as a school managed device.
Benefits for a managed school Chromebook:
– Pupils are familiar with how devices work as they use them in school
– Device is monitored and has a violation policy enforced
– Apps are controlled so more focus is on school work
Benefits/negatives for an un-managed Chromebook:
– You are free to do what you want at home
– You are not monitored or governed by schools policies
– Not violation monitoring which means you would have to monitor your child online
– No school support for issues that arise from suspect apps or configuration settings
If you would like to remove restrictions we need your consent with 3 options to choose from.
1 – Completely unrestricted as above. When in school the device will still have safety restrictions in place on the school network. Students will be able to login using a personal account and be able to access unfiltered from home.
2 – Managed by school in school and at home. Complete management by the school. This includes safeguarding software tracking at home.
3 – Restricted Monday – Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm (including school holidays) but open the rest of the time. Safeguard tracking will be in place during these core hours. PLEASE NOTE THE RESTRICTIONS FOR SCHOOL DAY ARE TAKING LONGER TO APPLY – WE ARE AWAITING FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS DIRECTLY FROM GOOGLE.
Please go to this form and select the option you require.
CHANGES MAY TAKE OVER 48 HOURS TO COME INTO EFFECT.
This video describes the process if you’re device is unlocked:
Chromebook RESET Video Guide
Safeguarding, Internet Safety and Security
Via google classroom any students logging into their account will be monitored for violations and safeguarding. Senso safeguarding software is designed to protect users from inappropriate content. The school safeguarding and pastoral team will be made aware of any violations or worrying content access. Any inappropriate content accessed by students using their school domain accounts will be monitored and reported using Senso.
If you have any concerns about your child’s internet use please contact the school and we will offer support.
Further information regarding e-safety is available on the school website – https://www.shevingtonhigh.org.uk/pupils/e-safety/